PD

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
The blogs here describe me the best! So just read on to know me in depth ;)

This is probably the nth time I saw ‘Up In The Air” and lost in the world of nothingness. Yes I’m supposed to open the service marketing book for my next exams but instead my mind is wondering in the subtle hidden sarcastic dialogues and soundtrack of the movie. For those who haven’t seen this movie, here is a synopsis. With a background of the employment cut in United States during the economic downturn, Gorge Clooney aka Ryan Bingham travelled around the country firing people on behalf of the company. Bingham led an empty life out of a suitcase but enjoyed the anonymity of business class air travel and harboured a lifetime ambition to earn 10 million air miles The twist in the tale comes when a young employee, Natalie Keener, in the wake of revolutionising the industry methods brings the technique to ground; while another successful and confident woman Alex Goran, whom he met at one of his stop overs, tantalize Ryan into a casual relationship and complicates his life in more ways than one. ….The movie ends with the very interesting dialogue and a song that wraps up the movie in the best possible way:

Tonight most people will be welcomed home by jumping dogs and squealing kids, their spouses will ask about their day and tonight they will sleep thus stars will wheel forth from their daytime hiding places; and one of those lights, slightly brighter than the rest, will be my wingtip passing over

So why exactly am I talking about all this??!!…well call it being on high or up in the air, I jus find myself very similar to Ryan. The best being his way of choosing the right queue at the airports. Like Ryan m a racist and scan through the people standing to turn a 15 minutes process to 5. I get irritated with people who are literate but dumb to see and read instructions and has to be assisted at all levels. I mean get a life man! Be smart! Anyway coming back to the movie and my craziness over it, maybe I’m not that bad in running away from family and its attached responsibilities but still given a situation I would love to be all alone…all by myself. The best part of actually living alone without any attachments is that no one expects anything from you. No one expects that no matter what u will pass with flying colors, no matter what you will lead in ur career, no matter what u will find the right guy and so on. Well this could open a debate forum in my mind since my habits and attitude don’t negate that I love to live in the midst of different relationships and the hugs, smiles, pat on my back, compliments and simple smile and acknowledgement makes or breaks me....Infact it is the expectations thats gets me going ...but this is again very unlike Ryan for he was an achiever by himself!

Recently someone said that I need to stop analysing everthing (my bro-in-law also always says this) but the problem is that I can’t free myself from it. And just when I am being myself the two movie soundtracks bang me with their lyrics:

Graham Nash’s - BE YOURSELF

How does it feel, When life doesn't seem real

And you're floating about on your own

Your life seems uncertain,So you draw the curtain

Pretending there's nobody home

Don't theorize, Look in your eyes

They can't tell lies, Though you may disguise what you see

The mirror is free

Sad Brad Smith’s - Help Yourself

I know you'll help us, When you're...
Feeling better and we realise
That it might not be for a long, long time...
But we're willing to wait on you
We believe in everything that you can do
If you could only lay down your mind

I want you to try to help yourself

I can go on and on about the movie and how the various aspects of it move me but I also jus want to say Good Bye…for I have already analised too much and my state of nothingness is gone …so dear Mr. Blog, good night!

1 comment:

Neo said...

stop analyzing ... start living!! :-P